Saturday 1 October 2016

Favorite Recipe - Pebbles

Good morning friends! Today I'm sharing a layout created for Pebbles' "recipe" feature, using the beautiful Harvest collection. When I was a little kid we used to spend many holidays in Germany with my German grandparents. My grandmother would have the “Kartoffelsalat” (potato salad) in the fridge, ready to be put on the table as soon as we arrived. After hours of driving we would be ravenous and granny’s salad would taste so good! This has become one of my favorite childhood memories. So apart from the fact that my grandmother’s potato salad tastes wonderful, it’s also this memory that makes it my favorite dish. When my grandmother passed away, my parents took over the preparing of the “Kartoffelsalat” for the holidays and for the last 5 years I’ve been doing it.

I thought it would be fun to scrap about this for today’s blog post! Here’s what I did:


When I was deciding which fabulous Pebbles Inc. collections I was going to use to scrap my photos, I noticed the fun kitchen utensils in the Harvest collection and my choice was made! I wanted to hand stitch my title and needed to determine where it was going to be so I started arranging my papers and photos without adhering them. I typed up the recipe in Word and printed it straight onto a strip of white cardstock, which I then placed at the top of my page. I also cut a few 12″ strips of paper of various widths and arranged these, together with the matted photo on my page. Next I chose one of the American Crafts embroidery stencils and placed this on my page where I wanted my title:


Carefully, so I wouldn’t move the photos and papers, I punched the holes in my sheet:


And when I was certain I punched the letters where I wanted them, I removed the photos and papers and hand stitched the word “recipe”:


Now I could start building my page “for real” and adhere photos, papers, stickers and other embellishments.


As I adore stitching on my layouts I decided to choose another design from the American Crafts embroidery stencils: the word bubble with the heart. I cut a piece of paper from one of the “Homemade” kraft bags, punched the word bubble with heart, stitched it with some orange embroidery thread and hand cut around it and added it to my page. I love the effect!


Except for the Harvest collection, I also used a few pieces from the new Woodland Forest collection, like the beautiful wood veneers. As I thought the wood veneers were a bit too “bare” I decided to give them a “gold dipped” look. I covered half of them in Versamark ink, sprinkled gold embossing powder over it, shook off the excess powder and used a heating tool to make it melt. See the butterfly in the photo above and the leave wood veneer in the photo below:


Last but not least I added some machine stitching as well, a couple of drops of color shine and some journaling and I was done! Hope you like it!


Supplies:

  • Harvest Double Sided Cardstock 12″x1 2″Cook Book
  • Harvest Double Sided Cardstock 12″x 12″ Hand Towel
  • Harvest Layered Stickers 732894
  • Harvest 6 x 6 Paper Pad 732882
  • Woodland Forest Wood Veneer Shapes 733439
  • DIY Home Decorative Tape 732953
  • Homemade Kraft Bags 732635
  • Amy Tangerine Embroidery Stencil Kit Right Now Alphabet 366082
  • Amy Tangerine Embroidery Stencil Kit Capture

Thank you so much for stopping by! Wishing you a wonderful day!
Monique

4 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING the colors and that stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat een geweldige foto. Je hebt er een mooi passende layout om heen gemaakt. De kleuren zijn zo warm. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAt een mooie en gezellige lay-out! Hij straalt zo'n warm sfeertje uit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this layout makes me wanna snuggle under on the couch under my blanket with a yummie tea... so love this fall colors.... great job Monique

    ReplyDelete