Monday 9 January 2017

Lovely - like for ever January Woodland Kit

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing the first layout I created with January like for ever ‘Woodland‘ kit! What an awesome kit! Just perfect to cheer me up after a very busy (and tiring) Christmas. I don’t know why, but I always feel a tiny bit sad when Christmas is over….

Here’s what I created: a layout with a photo of my sweet niece (taken a few years ago):


I used one of the January cut files: the butterfly page mat. However, instead of cutting it, I used a silver coloured sketch pen to draw it, after resizing it to 8″x 8″.


With my Mister Huey’s watercolour paints I coloured the butterflies pink and light green:


I matted the photo, placed one of the Amy Tangerine foil frames over it, added two die-cuts and adhered all of it on the right side of the butterflies. Next I stapled three flags underneath the photo using a “long arm” stapler:


On the left side of the photo I adhered a card with the image of a butterfly and two sentiments, all of which I cut from the ‘Notes From Hazel‘ sheet. The word ‘lovely’ and the golden heart are die-cuts from the Hazelwood ephemera package:


Last but not least, I cut the extra strips of paper from the bottom of two sheets of paper and added these on the bottom and top of my layout. With a little cluster at the top left corner of my page and some machine stitching my page was done! Hope you like it!


This is it for now. For more kit inspiration please visit the like for ever blog and for details about the kit(club) just hop over to the like for ever website.

A quick image of the January Woodland kit:


Featuring 1canoe2's brand new Hazelwood collection, each kit includes:

  • Nine 12x12" double sided patterned papers | Three 12x12" Textured Cardstock (Mint, Blue Jay and Peach) | One pack Hazelwood Hazel Thickers | One pack Hazelwood Ephemera  | One pack Hazelwood Enamel Dots | One pack Hazelwood Puffy Stickers | One pack Amy Tan Better Together Foil Frames

Thank you so much for stopping by! Wishing you a wonderful day!
xoxo
Monique

3 comments:

  1. I sure do like it very much. Love the sketched butterflies and watercolour background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and all the butterflies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely.... Super cute idea using watercolor butterflies

    ReplyDelete