Tuesday 21 March 2017

My Creative Scrapbook - Gelatos - Step By Step

Hi everyone! For My Creative Scrapbook I created this step-by-step tutorial using the March Main Kit and my Gelatos. It was posted on the blog of My Creative Scrapbook a couple of days ago, so it's possible you already saw it, but I wanted to post it here as well. I adore the Pebbles "Simple Life" collection that features in this month's kit and which is perfect for so many kinds of photos! For today I chose photos of my two eldest children who both graduated last year.

I love using Gelatos on my layouts, but don't like it when my papers get all wrinkly. So what I often do is using them on a separate piece of white cardstock and using (parts of) that on my page, like I did here with the banners you see on the right side:


Let me show you quickly what I did. I selected some of the patterned papers I thought I would use and grabbed my craft sheet and my Gelatos. I chose 3 colors that coordinated with my papers and photos:


I placed the craft sheet on the table and with the Gelatos I drew lots of lines directly on the sheet.


Using a Mini Mister I sprayed some water over it:


With a brush I mixed the water and the Gelatos. If you start with the lightest color and end with the darkest color you don't need to clean your brush in between (in this case first orange, then green and then blue):


Next I placed a sheet of white cardstock on top and with my hand I brushed over the back of the sheet so the paint would spread evenly over the cardstock:


After turning the cardstock around it looked like this:


As soon as the paint had dried I cut the cardstock in three large strips:


I cut three triangles out of one side and played around with them a bit, thinking where to place them.


After deciding on a design for my layout I adhered my patterned papers and adhered the three Gelatos banners on the right side of my page, partly overlapping each other:


And that's it! Next I matted my largest photo and adhered it in the top right corner of my layout, half on the banner and a smaller one on the left side of the first photo and started decorating using all the fabulous die-cuts and (puffy)stickers from the kit:


From the Pink Paislee letter stickers package I used the beautiful gold letter stickers to create a title:


I really adore the Pebbles puffy stickers! They add that bit of extra dimension to my layout.


After machine stitching along the sides of the layout as well as doing some random stitching and writing a bit of journaling my layout was finished! Hope you like it!

If you're looking for more inpiration from the Design Team of My Creative Scrapbook then visit the blog and check out all their awesome projects!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and wishing you a wonderful day!
xoxo
Monique

5 comments:

  1. Wat een idee zeg, om die banners zo te maken. Super gedaan! Liefs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echt een hele gave en warme lay-out! Wat een leuk effect geeft dat op de vlaggetjes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING how you made those strips!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een leuke techniek!! Dat ga ik zeker eens proberen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a great idea. Not a fan of wrinkly papers either :)

    ReplyDelete