Tuesday 14 November 2017

My Creative Scrapbook November Step-By-Step Tutorial

Hi friends! For My Creative Scrapbook I created this step-by-step tutorial for one of the pages I created with their fantastic November Main Kit (featuring Simple Stories' Vintage Blessings collection).

For this quick and easy layout I decided to "scraplift" one of the layouts I once created for The Cut Shoppe using a digital cut file and I thought it would be fun to show how easy it is to create a similar layout without using any expensive tools like a Silhouette. (You can find my original page here.)

Here's the layout I created for today's blog post:


And here's how I created this page:

1. I chose two patterned papers I wanted to use for the four parts (the papers are double-sided so I only needed two) and selected a bowl with the right diameter from my cupboard to create a circle:


2. Using a pencil I drew a circle around the bowl and using a pair of scissors I hand cut the circle:


3. Next I cut the circle into 4 equal parts and put them aside. I repeated this step until I had the four desired parts:


4. Using a simple hand punch I punched a heart shape from one of the parts. It's totally up to you if you want to punch other shapes in the other parts as well, but I only punched this one heart shape in the top right part:



5. For my next step I have to admit I did use an expensive tool: my sewing machine. I thought about hand stitching the patterned paper parts but prefer the look of machine stitching. I stitched the parts not quite in the middle of the cardstock background paper, but rather a bit to the left as I wanted my photo on the right.



And now the ground work is done. The next step is adding the photo and embellishing!!

6. I matted the photo and placed it on the right side of the circle and added lots and lots of die-cuts, chipboard pieces and stickers from the kit. There are soooo many bits and pieces in this kit that the possibilities are endless!

Here are a few close-ups:





7. Last but not least I stamped the date (twice) and added drops of color mist and I was done!!


I really love how this turned out and hope you do too!! If you have any questions don't hesitate to write them in the comments and I'll definitely get back to you!

Here's another quick look at the November Main Kit, the one I used to create this page. I really love that Pam always includes complete collections in the kits, like this month it's the Vintage Blessings collection from Simple Stories, and also adds extra's that coordinate perfectly with the contents of the kit (in this kit a few papers from the Heart of Home collection from Pebbles, word stickers from the Warm and Cozy collection from Pebbles and the buttons from Jillibean Soup).


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! If you want to know how you can secure a kit for yourself next month (or maybe even this one) then please visit the MCS website and if you want to see more pages created with this kit then please visit the Design Team Gallery

Wishing you happy scrapping! 
xx Monique


2 comments:

  1. Wat een onwijs mooi geheel met die cirkel als achtergrond en de warme kleuren. Prachtige lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AMAZING! I am LOVING that circle pie chart you have added!! I am going to try that!!! PINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete